AANP values the contributions made by active and retired American military personnel and is aware of the growing demand for primary and specialty care that addresses their needs and the needs of their families. It is our goal to remain in step with this demand, in touch with our patients and informed regarding the diverse spectrum of health related concerns they may face. AANP’s commitment to Joining Forces and selected highlights from this initiative are available below.
AANP has pledged our full support to the Joining Forces campaign through a variety of initiatives:
- View “NPs Serving America’s Military Families” – an original video filmed at the 2012 AANP National Conference, demonstrating AANP’s commitment and dedication to all active and retired members of America’s armed forces and their families.
- Educating America’s NPs to care for our nation's veterans, service members and their families facing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), depression, and other clinical issues now and in the future.
- Enriching NP knowledge to ensure that current and future NPs are informed regarding the unique clinical challenges and best practices associated with caring for military service members, veterans and their families.
- Disseminating up-to-date information as it relates to TBI and psychological health conditions such as PTSD.
- Growing the body of knowledge leading to improvements in health care and wellness for our military service members, veterans and their families.
- Leading and advancing the supportive community of NPs, institutions and other health care providers dedicated to improving the health of military service members, veterans and their families.